As a Member of the Stamp and Coin Dealers Association of Australasia Inc, I agree to comply with the following Code of Ethics and will:
- Promote, develop and maintain a high standard of moral ethics in all my business dealings.
- Purchase and sell Philatelic and/or Numismatic items at prices commensurate with a reasonable return to the seller and for a reasonable return on my investment with regards to the then prevailing rate.
- Furnish my clientele with advice on Philatelic and/or Numismatic information to the best of my ability.
- Not handle forgeries, counterfeits, unmarked copies, altered coins or other spurious Philatelic and/or Numismatic merchandise that is not clearly labelled as such.
- Immediately refund on any item sold by me where the description was either inaccurate or misleading, within a reasonable period of time after the transaction. In the event of any dispute arising between any customer and myself or with any other Member of the Association I agree to abide by any ruling in connection with such dispute as shall be given by the Executive Committee for the time being of the Association.
- Refrain from criticising fellow Member dealers or their stock to collectors and purchasers.
- Not knowingly handle for resale stolen Philatelic and/or Numismatic items and I will abide by all Local, State and Federal Laws in all Philatelic and/or Numismatic matters and assist in the prosecution of violators of the Law in this respect.
- Accurately grade merchandise, giving cognisance to the fact that grading is subjective and a matter of personal opinion, yet utilize recognised industry guidelines.
- Support and be subject to the Constitution and By-Laws of the Stamp and Coin Dealers Association and such amendments, resolutions and policies as may be established.